Thursday, 28 June 2007

His name is Jehovah Jireh, my provider!

heellloo gals...

i'm typing this in the midst of a superb runny nose with mucus all over the place... haaaa.. but I just gotta post this up because I want to testify how great a God we serve!

Some of you will know that I will be going back to NIE in august to study my degree for 2 years on no pay leave (which means that for 2 years, i have NO pay at all), and with my wedding coming up.. finances $$$$$$ r really tight (it doesn't help that I am not a saver.. i seldom save!). and of cos being the quite paranoid me, there r times that i worry abt how to tide over the next 2 years without pay..

But God is good.. all the time right? In His marvellous ways, He has blessed me financially through a series of events..

1) Event 1 - Upon knowing that i'll be studying, my parents offered to give me an allowance every month. They r really not obliged to do this now that I am grown up and gonna get married but they just wanted to demonstrate their love and support.

2) Event 2 - Managed to sell off some clothes and scrapping stuff which I thought will never be sold off..

3) Event 3 - I actually got this scrapping bag for free (and its original price is 79.90). After getting it, i really dont know what to do with it.. and u know la. my house is already so messy..its just gonna add the messiness... But guess what.. i went onto the scrapping forum and saw someone wanting to buy my bag in the same colour as I had... and so i managed to sell it for $70

4) Event 4 - Today.. this is really totally unexpected.. I received a cheque from GBHQ giving me a refund for officers retreat which i totally dont remember!!! and by the way, this was LAST YEAR's retreat..

Now, isnt God great? Give Him a round of applause!!!!

So my dear spiritual children, are u worrying about something today? Do not worry, because God knows your every need and He'll provide!

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[b]?
"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
- Matthew 6:27-34

No comments: