Friday, 22 June 2007

Love

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.- 1 Corinthians 13

Some of you know that I am getting married in January next year. Since last week, I have been doing some of my preparations (eg. Looking for venue etc) and its really stressful because I am sooooooo fickle minded about what I want (hahaha… traits of a girl mah!). As such, I find myself snapping at your ah gong-to be very very often when I do not get the response that I want. There were also many times that I quarreled with my mother because we did not agree on certain views, which after the argument, I felt really bad because I wanted to show God’s love to her but I was not a good testimony.

This passage spoke to my heart. Love is patient, love is kind. Yet I do not find my words and actions patient and kind to one of the closest people to me, and also very often to my family.

God is love. And if we want to show to our family and friends that God is great. We need to demonstrate to them the love of God. The love that is patient, kind and enduring. It’s impossible, really impossible to love, especially at times when things do not go the way we want it to be. It is impossible when we use our strength and wisdom. BUT with God…. It is difficult but not possible, and as we commit to Him and ask for strength and love.. God will provide us with love that is patient, kind and enduring even in very frustrating times… Let our loved ones see His love!

When irritated and upset

Do you complain, grumble and get impatient?

Or is your life

Because in Jesus you confide?

No comments: