Friday, 22 June 2007

Brokeness

To share a little first...i've been upset with certain things ard me & was greatly burdened & struggling somehow. During worship in cell last mon, i found myself struggling worshipping God & the Lord broke me down in tears &at that moment i felt totally broken before the Lord. Even after i broke down before the Lord, i thought it was bcos im too overwhelmed with the issues im struggling with but the Lord brought me more understanding of why He broke me down thru last sunday's sermon on Brokenness.

I didnt go for svc that day but i watched it online :)

BROKENNESS - The Key To Spiritual Blessings & Greatness
1. Brokenness Removes the Consciousness of Self - God's Program
2. Brokenness Releases the Consciousness of God - God's Presence
3. Brokenness Realizes the Power of God - God's Promotion

I came to realise that thru brokenness before the Lord, removes consciousness of self such that its not abt focusing on how hurt or discouraged am i etc, or how by my own strength & efforts could i make the situation better..but brokenness brings us before the Lord, seeking Him & acknowledging Him in every circumstances & situations. It's really not abt us but its abt God & that leads to the next point-Brokenness releases the consciousness of God. Its then that we allow ourselves to enter into God's presence, trusting what God can do in our lives & handle every situations we're struggling with. And then leads on to the 3rd point - Brokenness realizes the Power of God. When we come before the Lord in brokenness, understanding its not us who can do great works but the Lord who makes all things possible, we allows God to have full control of the situation & allow Him to perform His great work & power in our lives or others.

I thank God for bringing me thru to make me understand His teachings...that day during cell at that moment when i was totally broken before the Lord, i thought i was giving up and that's the end but it was not, thru brokenness the Lord has humbled me down & renewed me all over again. "Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up." James 4:10

Today, if anyone of you is struggling with certain issues or upset/ discouraged with certain things, will you come before the Lord & lay them down before the Lord ? Or if you find yourself stuck at a certain point & you want to move on but dont know how, just come before the Lord & surrender yourself unto Him.

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, You will not despise." Psalms 51:17

Ruixiang :)

No comments: